Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Tech Task - Storytelling

I used Storybird.com to create the one-page story below. You can also create entire books with this app. As a teacher, you can set up a classroom, list assignments, and let the students submit their work directly through this website. To help, there are pictures already created. The template helps you create the book by prompting for chapter titles, art work, etc. It is very easy to use once you look through it. You can even grant access to parents so they can log in and see the completed pieces their children created. There is even an option for you or the parents to create an actual book to purchase of the work done! As a teacher, I intend to have the children write often. With this app, they can create a book throughout the year and have a finished product in the end. Using apps like this gives lots of opportunity to satisfy a wide range of standards. I would use this tool because it is free, it is easy to use, it keeps me organized, and I like the looks of it. I would let my children use it because I think it's an easy app and all inclusive for what we'd need to complete writing assignments in the classroom. Classrooms without computers and students with little computer knowledge may be a challenge.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment