Sunday, November 1, 2015

Tech Task #4 Video

Third Grade
Multiplication Facts
Standard: Relate addition and multiplication for equal groups (4.E)

I used one of my favorite apps, Go Animate, to create scenes that I believe 5th graders would enjoy watching to introduce a video I got from YouTube. I used iMovie to put the whole thing together.

Go Animate has many scenes and options to create short videos. I've created a video to teach about bullying, one instructional video to help students remember the steps needed to complete an assignment and several just for fun. I am just beginning to explore iMovie but it gave me the ability to splice these two types of video together and that was very helpful.

Go Animate would be easy and fun for the students to create to explain an idea, show their understanding of a subject, or complete for fun as a reward.

Creating a video can be tricky for students with attention deficit issues, there is the creating, but also editing and finishing. Again, with any project assigned using a computer, the availability of a computer in the classroom and at home could be an issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment