Tuesday, November 24, 2015






Studio 4 Project
Monotype Print

Creating a Character

The object of this project was to help students understand how to create a character with words, and then use that description to draw it. The description was decided ahead of time. Here is my list:

·         Woman
·         Age is thirties (a mom’s age)
·         Long, curly, brown hair
·         Blue eyes, which are small/narrow
·         She is angry, her eyebrow is scrunched and dipped
·         I may have gotten the paper too wet, but her lips are puckered. This is what I saw when I asked my son to make a mad face so I used it.

Learning standards:

Visual Art
·         Line and shape
Common Core ELA:    
·         Explain ideas and understanding in light of the discussion
·         Write narratives to develop real or imagined experiences or events using effective technique, descriptive details and clear event sequences.
·         Identify real-life connections between words and their use

I used water-based markers on a transparency page to draw my character. Using a spray bottle, I misted the front and back of a piece of sketch paper. After blotting it, I laid the paper over the transparency and rolled over it to transfer the drawing to the paper.

This project is appropriate for the abilities of most third-grade students. Those who cannot follow the directions closely may find that their pictures are not clear. Students with a physical disability or those with issues with fine motor skills may need assistance or modifications.
                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment